Whether your burn wounds are mild or severe, the Kendall Regional Burn Clinic has you covered.
There are few injuries more painful or scarring than a burn wound. At Kendall Regional's burn clinic, expert physicians from several specialties have come together to deliver the quality care you need after an accident. They provide both outpatient and inpatient services, depending on the level of medical treatment you need. You'll receive the undivided attention of a qualified doctor through your entire recovery, from the initial evaluation to your reconstructive surgery.
Burn treatment can go through several stages as you heal and recover. What can you expect from Kendall's burn clinic?
- Initial treatment – The first priority is to ensure that no further damage is caused by the burn. Patients may need an IV to remain hydrated and prevent organ failure.
- Pain relief – Even as immediate danger begins to fade, patients may experience a sharp increase in pain as they heal. The burn clinic can help you find the pain management method that works best for you.
- Burn recovery – Infection is often a concern during recovery. Burn creams and antibiotics may be administered to keep your healing process moving forward.
- Physical therapy – Depending on the size of the burn, the way you move may be affected. Our physical therapists can make sure you maintain healthy joints and flexibility.
- Skin grafts – Deep burns may need a healthy skin transplant to aid in the healing process.
- Reconstruction – Finally, our plastic surgeons can reduce scarring and help you return to your normal appearance after a burn accident.
Serious burn wounds require expert medical attention. Learn more about how we can care for burn victims at Kendall Regional Medical Center. For more information, please call (305) 222-2200.